Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy Monday

It's Monday and I'm happy! No, I haven't gone mad. I've just learnt to take each day in stride and enjoy it (even when it sucks!) because it's the ups and downs that make life so wonderful.

Case in point, Last Week:
- listened to my ex wail about his life 'till way past 3am and couldn't wake up for work on Mon
- barely dragged myself through my meetings/ reviews etc.
- very stupidly dropped my Metropass into the CanadaPost mailbox
- got a call from my ex-so-called-best-friend that made me want to borrow a gun
- woke up late on Tues and missed my client review meeting
- couldn't find the scalper to get my courtside tix for the Raps/Philly game on Wed
- spoke to my Mum and got depressed when she announced that she wouldn't be in TO for X-Mas
- couldn't get over missing home
- called my friend for support and he offered his condolences because my dog had died. He then offered apologies because he didn't know that I wasn't told!

& in the same week:
- changed my phone number to avoid being called late at night when aforementioned ex gets high
- was touched by the kindness of a CanadaPost employee who tracked down and returned my Metropass (her name is Roxanne and she really went above and beyond!)
- realised that I need not be drastic to cut drama out of my life, so I simply cut out the drama queen
- agreed to trade my hockey tix to get entrance to the b-ball games
- cried about the dog and accepted that I wasn't told because Mummy didn't want me to be sad
- managed to smile and be grateful that I have family and friends who keep me warm in this friggin' cold place.
- Tamasin told me that she decided to get married... this Friday!
- bought my ticket to go to Cuba next month!

So, to re-iterate, I'm happy today.

3 Comments:

At Monday, November 13, 2006 7:12:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite the pair of days!

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:27:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I've just learnt to take each day in stride and enjoy it (even when it sucks!) because it's the ups and downs that make life so wonderful." - CONGRATS! (By George, I think she's got it!!)

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 1:05:00 pm , Blogger S.M. said...

Yeah, well, good for me huh? I wouldn't have anything to blog about otherwise!
:-P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home