Saturday, November 18, 2006

Defying Gravity



Well, I left the theatre singing the songs, so that must mean that I loved it, right?

I did!

That's not to say that everyone will though. I can see how some may not. I like to cheer for the underdog and this ambitious production went over well with me because of the story. I'm much more entertained by this version than the regular WoZ. This one already has wit and heart and heroism. The vocals and choreography were amazing but the production felt overblown and lavish to the point of boring me at times, but I must confess again how much I love the story!

I definitely recommend seeing it. You can check out a few sound clips here. My favourite was "defying gravity" - the lyrics are Wicked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home